– Chicken (breast or thigh), cut into bite-sized pieces
– Ginger, finely sliced
– Garlic, thinly sliced
– Red chili pepper, cut into small pieces (adjust according to desired spiciness)
– Eggs, beaten
– Cornstarch (or cornflour)
– All-purpose flour
– Soy sauce
– Granulated sugar
– Sesame seeds (white)
– Cooking oil (for frying the chicken and stir-frying)
1. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and add soy sauce and a pinch of salt. Mix well and marinate for about 15 minutes.
2. In a shallow dish, mix cornstarch (or cornflour) and all-purpose flour together. Dip the marinated chicken pieces into the beaten eggs, then coat them with the flour mixture, ensuring even coverage.
3. Heat a large pan or wok with enough cooking oil to deep-fry the chicken. Heat the oil to 180°C (350°F). Fry the chicken in batches until golden and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
4. In a separate pan or wok, heat a small amount of cooking oil. Add the sliced ginger, garlic, and red chili pepper. Stir-fry for a moment.
5. Add soy sauce and granulated sugar to the pan, stirring well to form a thick sauce.
6. Add the fried chicken to the pan and quickly stir-fry, ensuring that the chicken is evenly coated with the sauce.
7. Finally, sprinkle white sesame seeds over the dish and give it a quick stir.
8. Transfer the General Tso’s Chicken to a serving plate. It can be served with steamed rice or noodles.
This is just one common recipe, and you can adjust the ingredients and steps according to your personal taste and preferences. Enjoy your General Tso’s Chicken!